Article I - Name
- The name of this organization shall be the Badgerland Aero Club, Incorporated, hereinafter
referred to as the "Club".
Article II - Purpose
The Club is a non-profit organization formed to stimulate an interest in aviation; to provide the
members an opportunity to engage in flying as a recreational activity; and to encourage and
develop skills in aeronautics, navigation, mechanics and related aero sciences.
Article III - Authority, Commencement, and Existence
Section 1. The Club is organized as a corporation under the provisions of the laws of the state of
- Section 2. The Club shall come into existence upon the vote of its members at the initial meeting.
- Section 3. The term of existence of the Club shall be perpetual or until such time as it is
dissolved under the provisions of Article XII of this Constitution.
Article IV - Membership
The membership of the Club shall consist of such persons who qualify for membership under the
By-laws of the Club.
Article V - Officers and Board of Directors
Section 1. The officers of the Club shall be President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, and
- Section 2. The above officers shall comprise the Board of Directors.
- Section 3. The President shall appoint a nominating committee to prepare a slate of names for
consideration by the members at the time of the annual meeting. Additional nominations may be
made from the floor.
- Section 4. Officers of the Club shall be elected by a majority vote of the members of the club for
a term of one year. If an officer has vacated his office, a replacement will be elected as prescribed
by the By-laws. Should the office vacated need immediate attention, the President will appoint a
member to act in a temporary capacity until the election of a replacement.
Article VI - Finance
Section 1. Each member, upon application, will be required to purchase the required share.
- Section 2. Each member shall share a monthly assessment.
- Section 3. Members shall be charged set rates for flying costs.
Article VII - Voting
Section 1. Only members shall vote upon any matter requiring a vote and they shall have one
- Section 2. All matters requiring a vote shall be brought before the members at a regular or
special meeting of the club and/or through an official mail ballot.
Article VIII - Meeting
Section 1. An annual meeting of the membership of the club shall be held once a year at the first
regular meeting in February, to elect officers for the ensuing year and to transact other business as
necessary. Should the first regular meeting in February not be suitable for the annual meeting,
the postponed annual meeting should be not later than the regular monthly meeting of March of
- Section 2. Other meetings may be called as provided by the By-law
- Section 3. Board meetings shall be called at the discretion of the President or any two members
of the Board of Directors.
Article IX - Quorum
A quorum for meetings of the Board of Directors shall be 50% of the Board of Directors, and a
quorum for meetings shall be one-third (1/3) of the members.
Article X - Liability
Adequate and proper insurance shall be carried by the club at all times to protect the membership
from liability. No expense or obligation whatsoever shall be incurred by the membership of this
club except as incurred and set forth within this Consultation and By-laws.
Article XI - By-laws and Other Regulations
By-laws and other regulations deemed necessary by the membership shall be adopted and have
the same force and effect as if published as a part of this Constitution.
Article XII - Dissolution
Section 1. The Club may be dissolved by the affirmative vote of seventy-five percent (75%) of
the members of the club.
- Section 2. Unless otherwise provided by law or regulation, upon voluntary dissolution of the
club, the Board of Directors shall liquidate the assets of the Club and pay all existing debts and
liabilities. Any surplus shall be equally distributed among the remaining members. All Club
members shall be provided the opportunity to bid on all Club assets to be liquidated.
Article XIII - Amendments
Section 1. Amendments or changes to this Constitution can only be effected by a seventy-five
percent (75%) favorable vote of the members.
- Section 2. Any changes or amendments will be attached hereto.